As a Software Engineer at Escenic, you will be responsible for managing incident reports from our customer support. The main focus of our Service Operations Bridge is to restore service. You will be responsible for locating, creating and managing workarounds.
As part of our Support team, you will be exposed to our complete product catalog, technologies, and operational demands. This includes third-party software and technologies such as database systems, caching servers, monitoring and alert services, JSP and Java, HTML, HTTP/S, and related network technologies, operating systems, and virtualization technologies.
You have a bachelor's degree or higher within technology and have experience with Java and Java EE. Relevant experience may compensate for missing formal qualifications.
Experience in the following is a must:
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written
- Good understanding of all aspects of Java technologies
- Must be a team player in a globally distributed team
- Familiarity with Linux, or other Unix-based operating systems
- Good understanding of all aspects of web technologies
- Self-motivated and proactive problem solver
- Willing to learn and adopt new skills
It’s an advantage if you have experience within some of the following areas:
- Understanding of Content Management Systems
- OS X as a desktop OS
- Microsoft Windows as a desktop OS
- Experience in running and tuning databases such as MySQL
- Experience in running and tuning application servers such as Apache Tomcat
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services like EC2, Route53, RDS, S3, VPC, CDN (AWS CloudFront/Akamai/Others)
You are an outgoing, gregarious person with good communication skills who enjoys solving problems and approaches challenges with a hacker's mentality. Flexibility and service mindedness will be required.
- A challenging job in an international company
- An opportunity to work with leading products and high-profile customers
- Competitive salary and excellent employment conditions
- Friendly and youthful work environment with highly skilled colleagues
- Benefit from using the most modern software development technologies and methodologies
- Possibility to visit CCI & Escenic’s headquarters in Norway and Denmark
- Annual bonus
- Office transportation
- Medical insurance
- Contributory Provident Fund
- Annual vacation days and a flexible vacation policy
- Breakfast and Lunch at the office
- Other benefits as per company policy
Escenic Asia Limited is a software development and IT service company in Dhaka, Bangladesh, which plays a central role in the development of the online publishing CMS named CUE. Escenic Asia Limited is a subsidiary company of Escenic A/S owned by CCI Europe A/S based in Aarhus, Denmark. CCI and Escenic are leading providers of print and online publishing solutions to the media industry.
The two companies have more than 170 highly-qualified, talented, and innovative IT professionals working in a variety of areas all the way from design, implementation, quality assurance, and maintenance to the building of fully custom solutions for our customers worldwide.
In addition to the development of our software, we also offer our customers a cloud-based SaaS solution built on Amazon Cloud where we host and care for our customers 24/7. If you are looking for an inspiring environment that will push your skills to the limit and offer you a place to expand your knowledge, then look no further.
If interested, send your job application, CV, and references of previous web development work to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15.05.2019. Please include “Support Engineer” in the subject line of your e-mail. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact email@example.com.