Your primary task will be implementing web-based applications using Angular, AngularJS, TypeScript, JSON, XML, and RESTful web services, along with other related web technologies. Later, you may need to work in back-end development.
At Escenic, you will be a part of a highly skilled, collaborative, and professionally curious team of people who are passionate about what they do. We expect the same from you: a can-do attitude, a keen interest in learning new concepts and tools, and the persistence needed to find elegant, scalable, and maintainable solutions to complex challenges.
You will be working closely with colleagues in various parts of the world. Therefore, you are expected to thrive in a highly international and multicultural environment where a lot of communication happens via digital channels.
Who we are
Escenic Asia Ltd is a subsidiary of Escenic AS, a provider of online publishing solutions. Escenic's products are used by many of the world's leading media organizations.
Escenic AS was founded in 1999 and has its head offices in Oslo, Norway. Since 2013, Escenic is a wholly-owned subsidiary of CCI Europe, the leading provider of editorial publishing solutions for cross-media news environments. CCI is based in Aarhus, Denmark.
CCI & Escenic have more than 170 highly qualified, talented, and innovative employees worldwide working with software design, development, quality assurance, operations, project delivery, and support.
Escenic's headquarters are in Oslo, Norway, but we run operations in Bangladesh, Denmark, USA, Brazil, Germany, and other places.
What we do
We develop innovative software solutions that make it easy for content creators to create and handle large amounts of content in a digital space.
Our software has a powerful engine that lets you render websites that can be viewed by millions of people at the same time. The solutions are built for digital-first workflows and to cater to digital environments - no matter if your setting is a newsroom, a retailer, or a company driving a content marketing strategy.
Our software is based on data sources and feeds that are ideal for high volumes of content and lots of people contributing with content at the same time.
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 years of experience
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written
- Capability to work in a virtual team and communicate efficiently online
- Good knowledge of Angular, AngularJS, and TypeScript
- Experience with JSON, XML, and RESTful web services
- Knowledge in HTML and CSS (SASS/SCSS)
- Deep understanding of OOP
- Ability to write maintainable code
- Familiarity with agile development processes (Scrum, Kanban)
- Work experience in Backend/Server side and Java is a plus
- Familiarity with version control like GIT is a plus
- Familiarity with NodeJS is a plus
- A challenging job in an international company
- An opportunity to work with leading products and high-profile customers
- Competitive salary and excellent employment conditions
- Friendly and youthful working environment with highly skilled colleagues
- Benefit from using the most modern software development technologies and methodologies
- Possibility to visit Escenic’s headquarters in Oslo
- Annual bonus
- Office transportation/allowance
- Medical insurance
- Contributory Provident Fund
- Annual vacation of 20 days
- Breakfast and Lunch at the office
- Other benefits as per company policy
When to apply:
As soon as possible. Applications are processed as they are received until the right candidates are found.
How to apply:
If interested, send your CV (as a PDF) to email@example.com . Please include “*your name* applied for Software Engineer R&D” as the subject of your e-mail.