Do you thrive in challenging, fast-paced environments working internationally alongside diverse groups of technical experts? If so, then join CCI as we embark on exciting new projects in Europe and abroad.
CCI has been developing and delivering content management systems to major news companies for more than 30 years. Our customers include The New York Times, The McClatchy Company, Gannett, Ippen Mediengruppe, Axel Springer SE, The Economist and The Times of India, along with many others. Today, our primary solution line is CUE, a multi-channel publishing system and web development platform.
CONSULTANT FOR OUR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES TEAM
We are looking for a Technical Consultant with full-stack developer skills to join our Professional Services team in Aarhus, Denmark, as we work to help media companies evolve and grow. In this role, you’ll perform a wide range of tasks, including the development of custom front- and back-end code, training of clients’ development teams, troubleshooting, and more.
CCI has more than 200 highly qualified, talented and creative employees worldwide engaged in software design, development, quality assurance, operations, project delivery, and support. The company is headquartered in Aarhus, Denmark, and has offices in Oslo, Norway, Atlanta, USA, and Dhaka, Bangladesh, in addition to Aarhus.
A FOCUS ON TECHNICAL SKILLS, TEAMWORK, AND COMMUNICATION: THE ROLE AS TECHNICAL CONSULTANT AT CCI
CUE is built for publishing robust content efficiently to many channels and provides a flexible API to easily integrate with third-party solutions and diverse data sources.
As a member of the team, you will participate in development projects of various sizes for customers all over the world. You will play a central role in projects, guiding clients’ teams throughout the implementation process and turning their needs into real solutions.
The CUE solution is a world-leading highly scalable multi-media CMS targeted at the News Media. Our user cockpit is highly customizable allowing for tight integration with the plethora of tools available in the web-world. The front-end is decoupled from the data-layer via a microservice-based highly extendable architecture, which allows for our customers to pick the tools of their choice for implementation of their business needs. Our job is to train our customers on our technology stack, and advice the customers on other technology choices.
Internally, you will work closely with other members of the Professional Services team, as well as CCI’s Development department, who delivers the CCI software used in all projects, and the CCI Cloud Operations team, who manages our hosted environments.
Since CCI and our customers are geographically diverse, you must be comfortable working remotely and have a disciplined, well-organized approach. You may expect 60 days of travel or more per year.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or related field of study
- Extensive knowledge of various Java frameworks, web scripting languages and web technologies (RESTful web services, GraphQL, PHP/Twig, and other related technologies)
- Familiarity with Git flow, Docker, Apache SOLR and relational databases; experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a plus
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with agile software development (having worked in a Scrum-based team)
- Capability to work in a virtual team and communicate efficiently online
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills are required; fluency in German, Spanish or French is a plus
- Familiarity with the news media industry is also a plus
CCI IS OFFERING
- A challenging job in an international company in which you will be part of a dynamic and inspiring work environment with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development
- A friendly working environment with passionate, highly skilled colleagues
- An opportunity to work with industry-leading solutions and high-profile customers
- Salary package will be commensurate with the applicant’s level of experience and education
HOW TO APPLY
If interested, please send your résumé with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “Technical Consultant, Aarhus” in the subject line. If you have questions, contact Project Director Jesper Sander at email@example.com or +45 87335771.
Meet the people of CCI
Get an impression of what it is like to work at CCI in these videos.